The Crim Center’s affiliated faculty, GRAs and staff actively engaged in robust research projects that are guided by these questions: What is the value of… more »
Our mission is to optimize the life opportunities of children and families in urban communities by ensuring the availability of a prosperous and equitable school environment through community engagement, research and educational development and support.
Get more information
Learn about our Center
Announcements, News and Events
- NEW: May 2016 Community Call!The May 2016 Community Call Newsletter presented by the Alonzo A. Crim Center for Urban Educational Excellence, is finally here! Within its pages you will find updates from all our programs and announcements from those within the Community of Believers. To read it in its entirety,see below.News
- Update from our Educational Policy GroupThe Crim Center Education Policy group discusses current and proposed legislation that affects stakeholders in urban education. We strive to provide public access to relevant information relating to policy making. For the community, this information can be used to make informed and effective decisions regarding public education in urban communities. We inform the public about… more »News
- Update from UETT (Urban Education Think Tank)In an effort to promote scholarship which focuses on questions and solutions related to urban education, the Urban Education Think Tank (UETT) collaborated with Multi-level Interventions for Non-Responders (MINRS) on April 15, 2016. The UETT, housed in the Crim Center, is a graduate student think tank which produces rigorous research publications on issues in urban… more »News
- Congratulations!The Crim Center is proud of the role we have in making Georgia State University a model for student support, civic engagement and research excellence. As noted in a recent NYTimes article, helping all students succeed is both a practical and moral imperative. Utilizing Crim’s philosophy of the Community of Believers (which combines the practical… more »News
- Girls Who Code: Mural Project Completed at Carver High School“I cannot say enough how thankful I am to have been invited to work on this project. This mural was designed and painted by the participants of the Girls Who Code program, whom I worked with as facilitator for this process. Girls Who Code works to educate, inspire, and equip high school girls with the… more »News
Below are the Crim Center monthly newsletters and publications.
Podcasts Magazines Community Calls
The Kilgore Music Foundation (registered 501c3) held its first strategic visioning convening on Sunday August 23, 2015. The goal of this convening was to bring together a… more »
Click here to see our new site!